05 December 2009

Finally...


Well America...it finally happened...Patrick Stevenson Colvin secured himself a "Big Boy" job! Though, I don't know if playing in the woods, shooting things, and hanging out with a bunch of Scouts should be considered a grown up job. Rather, I think it's Peter Pan's dream occupation. Regardless of what I think, this undoubtedly means bigger and better things for the Patrick Colvin Clan. Patrick will be heading up to his post in York, PA the beginning of next week. He turned in all of his GARDA shirts, bullet proof vest, etc. and bid them an enthusiastic farewell. I don't think he could have been happier pulling out of that parking lot one last time. Peyton and I will hang out in Jersey until after the holidays and then we'll start the process of finding a place to live and packing up all that we own and driving the 2 1/2 hours to our new home. Until we locate one, though, the Boy Scout Council has been kind enough to offer us a cabin at their camp until we locate that "Home Sweet Home". I feel flashbacks of the summer of 2008 coming on.

6 comments:

Meg said...

You sound excited Linz!!! I am happy for the big boy job. Congrats to Pat. So when you guys move to PA.. How far away is that from Philly? We will have to all go to a game!!! I bet your mom is sad you guys are leaving though.. I miss you!! Can't wait to see you in January!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the job Patrick! I am so excited for you guys Lindsey! Good Luck with the new town, job and everything else!!! Happy Holidays!

One mom said...

That is wonderful! We are so happy for you! We miss you and look forward to the day when we can take a trip across the U.S. and visit you in your new home (wherever that ends up to be).

Lindsay said...

WAY TO GO PAT!!! So happy for you guys! Please email me and let me know your address (right now) so I can send you a Christmas card! Love you guys!

nataliegu3 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nataliegu3 said...

that is awesome Lindsey! "peter pans dream" has finally come true :)
you are hilarous.. and I read your most recent post before, so I'm glad you & Peyton get to spend the holidays with daddy after all... because it is her first christmas!!!