23 June 2009

My New Hero...


Now normally I do not (AND I MEAN DO NOT!) watch anything that has to do with celebrities or the gossip/drama that surrounds their lives. But, I happened to be breezing through channels the other night and something on TMZ made me pause- Al Roker told off the most disgusting, publicity hounding couple (my opinion) in the world- Speidi. I have never been more proud of the news media than I was at that moment. Finally, someone dared to ask the questions that I would ask if I had the chance. For those of you who didn't see it, copy and paste the link below and check it out- I give it two enthusiastic thumbs up. It earned Al Roker the title of my new hero.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzsDXMVd1js

An article that contains the qoutes Al Roker referred to with regards to NBC can be found at this link.
http://www.tvguide.com/News/NBC-Exec-Speidi-1006673.aspx?rss=breakingnews

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

I so totally agree with you. I can't stand celebrities and national news reporters (especially any of them on the TODAY show)... except for Al Roker. I love what he said about those two immature brats.

Bryan and I watched the first episode of that show and I almost puked because of how incredibly selfish and stuck-up they were acting the entire time! Unbelievable! I vowed never to watch that show ever again and cut back TV time altogether. It was the biggest waste of my time.

Thank you for posting this, Linds. :)