11 June 2009

Poo in the Tub Club...

So I was talking to my dear cousin Jessica a little while ago and I was telling her that my favorite (and I mean FAVORITE) thing to do in the morning is to give Peyton Rose a bath. She has so much fun splashing around, eating the wash cloth, and generally getting me wet. "Wait until she poops in the tub, and then you'll rethink how fun it really is" came the reply. Well...it's official. My daughter has officially joined the club. Normally I would have freaked out at such an occurrence, but I couldn't help but hysterically laugh. It started out small enough, and so I thought "hey, that's not bad. I'll just put her in her bouncy seat for a second, clean it out, and then we'll finish bath time." I had all but finished my cleaning of the tub when I heard very distinct baby poo grunts coming from the bouncy seat. As I prepared myself for what I was about to see I hear Peyton giggling (HA...HAHA...HA etc.) I look down to see her dancing in her now poopy seat and smiling as though she had just mastered her first step. Clean up took a little longer, but surprisingly, it was worth every moment.

4 comments:

Meg said...

You didn't put a diaper on her!!! Serves you right!

One mom said...

That is so funny. I am also a member of the club. You just went up a status in the ranking of parenthood.

Triny Kay said...

it's those little moments that make it all worth while. have you earned your memebership in the poo in the lap club yet? that's the fun one.

Anonymous said...

oh the exciting things I have to look forward too!