27 September 2008

Our crazy lives

We hadn't been in Mass. for more than a few days when I jumped on a plane and headed down to New Jersey to visit the folks. Thankfully, we were able to get almost everything put away and I felt confident that Patrick could handle the rest while I was gone. It turned out to be an awesome two week vacation for me full of shopping, sewing, and other sorts of craftiness for Peyton's sake. It felt really fabulous to be with my mom for that long...I don't think that Patrick and River would agree with that though. Now we are all back together and Patrick and I are trying to find part time/seasonal jobs to tide us over financially until Patrick can obtain a career. It has proved quite frustrating for us because we don't really know how long we'll be here in Foxboro, nor do we have a firm idea of where we'll end up. I guess these are all factors of a "grown-up life". I'm just glad that we have wonderful friends and family everywhere to help us through the transitional period.
Peyton is doing really well and is moving more and more (to a point of making me nauseous) every day. She continues to grow and her kicks/punches are becoming more prominent. Right now we measure about 39 inches around when I am standing, and I'm told that we'll only get bigger.

2 comments:

One mom said...

I am glad that you were able to spend time with your parents - but I bet your husband is more glad to have you home. Good luck with the job search. I can't really think of anything more frustrating than trying to sell yourself to an employer. I remember my sister-in-law had a hard time getting hired when she was pregnant. Although it is technically illegal to discriminate someone because of a physical condition (such as pregnancy), people seem to be reluctant to off you a job when you are expecting. We will keep you in our prayers.

Annie Hall said...

Peyton is an adorable name. And I like the way I spelled it best. What happened to teancum? I would like to submit that name maybe teancuma or teancumie. Just suggestions.