21 October 2008

Family Home Evening

So we decided to get into the spirit of the season and carve pumpkins for Halloween. It was a fun little party with Mom Colvin, Kelly, and Lynn joining us. Pat even discovered a new way to carve pumpkins- USE A POWER DRILL! Only a man would think of something like that. The pumpkins turned out great...too bad I can't say the same for the pumpkin seeds. Our oven in the apartment is a little ghetto. So I put the seeds in at 400 degrees for a half an hour, and Patrick decided that they weren't cooking quickly enough. So he deduced that higher heat would equal quicker results. So he cranked it up to 550 degrees. As we were sitting on the couch watching TV I smelled something burning- yep, you guessed it. It was the seeds. At first I thought that I had done something wrong...until Patrick came clean and admitted that he had changed the temp. Thankfully most of the seeds were spared. But I definitely think that Patrick needs to stick to his original career ambitions and not seek a job in the culinary field.

1 comments:

Meg said...

I can't believe you are almost done being pregnant!!! I was so excited that Lacey said she is probably getting married in Feb because that means I will get to see you and Lil Peyton!!!! And Patrick too I guess.. YAY!!!! I still wish you guys lived closer so I could see that lil baby girl all the time!! I miss you Linds